Well, we here in LA experienced our first winter storm...in September! It was complete with pouring rain, lightning, and thunder. Of course, the first roll of thunder completely freaked me - the wimpy Californian - out. Being in California, and it being September, I wasn't really expecting it, but when the window right next to my head started shaking and banging, it startled me, to say the least. :) Anyway, we survived and enjoyed the change in weather. Our plants are enjoying it, too. According to the LA times, this was our first rain in 150 days. It's about time! Here's a picture from the LA times. It was taken in Ventura.
On another note, I was at the grocery store yesterday and was stunned when I pulled into the parking lot. I don't know if it's just because we live in LA or if this is becoming the new trend, but commercialism has gone another step too far. The lines for the parking spaces are now being sold as advertisements. Yes, that's right. When I pulled in to my parking spot, there were ads on the lines on either side of me...and on every line in the parking lot. What is this world coming to? This picture is also from the LA Times and is actually the parking lot I was at yesterday.
3 comments:
I've never seen that type of advertising. Wonder how long it will be (or how short) until it's happening here in Northern California.
Beautiful picture with the rainbow. Wow!!!!
Love, Mom
Kimiko, thanks for the rainbow picture...it's FANTASTIC!!!
Also, you made me crack up about the ad signs as dividers...I actually saw that at a mall I was at this weekend and thought, "You have got to be kidding!!!"
Also, what was the word on Sumikos Dr. Appt???
What a great picture of the rainbow! 150 days without rain?! that seems crazy...that's almost 1/2 a year!
And the parking strips ads--I would've never thought of that one! I'll have to start looking down when I get out of the car to see if we have any up here yet!
Post a Comment