
The other day my sister was telling me about how Keanna got in a discussion with some of the boys in her class about whether or not there were dinosaurs on the ark. Keanna insisted that there were, but the boys argued that there were not. I guess when we think of the ark, we typically do not think of dinosaurs. I asked my sister, "Well, were there dinosaurs on the ark?" She informed me that there most likely would have been dinosaurs on the ark. In Genesis 6, God commands Noah, "of every living thing of flesh, you shall bring two of every sort into the ark to keep them alive with you." There are no exceptions as to what types of animals Noah should bring with him. Additionally, when we look at dinosaur fossils, the only logical explanation for them would be some major catastrophe, such as the Flood. If this is the case, this would indicate that they would have still been in existence at the time of the Flood and therefore, would have been on the ark. Hmmm...I guess I had never thought through that before, but it makes sense. So the next time someone asks you if there were dinosaurs on the ark, you can say that there most likely were. :) Oh, and after this discussion, Keanna went home and asked Robbie if he could tell the boys in his class that there were dinosaurs on the ark, so tomorrow, he'll be doing a presentation on dinosaurs for her preschool class. :)
3 comments:
That is GREAT...I'm giggling just thinking about the presentation!!! :)
Just another note about dinosaurs on the ark. As per the picture you posted, most of the rare pictures depicting dinosaurs on the ark make it seem like there was no way they fit. In fact, there would have been more than enough room for even the largest of dinosaurs along with all the other animals. Robbie could give more details.
I know, I know! But do you know how hard it is to find a picture of the ark with dinosaurs on it? Maybe Robbie should draw some so there are some more accurate pictures.
Post a Comment