Thursday, March 17, 2011

Convicted by My 2-Year-Old


As the mom of a 2 1/2-year-old, I spend a lot of time instructing and correcting my daughter's behavior and attitude.  Tonight, however, the tides turned and she ended up pointing out my sin.  During a conversation James and I had, I didn't have a very submissive attitude towards him, and I became quite upset.  Hannah looked at me and said, "Mommy need to obey Daddy."  Ouch.  And then she rubbed salt in the wound by saying, "Mommy need to have happy heart."  Uh....how do I respond to that?  She was absolutely right, I wasn't being submissive and I didn't have a happy heart.  It's a very humbling experience when your toddler recognizes the sin in your life and points it out, but I'm so thankful for how God is using her to make me more Christ-like!  I'm also thankful for the work He's doing in her life - that she's even able to recognize sin and realize what the proper response should be. 

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Oh Kimiko! I feel like daily my kids (whether they realize it or not) show me my sin!!! I am with you, lady! Thanks for being willing to share it..it blessed my heart!

Sandy said...

Kimiko, God bless you for your transparency! What you shared made me cry. Wow, what a testimony to your training of her...and the Lord's work in her mind and heart! :) And of His work in your heart to so humbly share with all of us! What a blessing you are! You, James and Hannah are daily in my prayers. I love you all so much! It was a JOY spending time with you each day and/or evening! Thank you so much for a blessed week!