Friday, July 8, 2011

Sunset

It's been hot here lately...and humid.  While I've learned to withstand the heat, the humidity is really getting to me!  There is one nice thing that has resulted from the humidity, though, and that is clouds.  Last night, while on a walk, I took note of the beautiful clouds strewn throughout the sky.  I turned to James and mentioned that the clouds would produce a beautiful sunset.  So once we got back from our walk, we gave Hannah a quick bath then jumped in the car and drove up to a hill by our house to watch the sunset.  It was amazing!  The whole time we were watching the sun set and sky turn all sorts of beautiful colors, Hannah asked, "Are we watching the sunset?  Is it going to be pretty?"  Then, once we got in the car to go home, she informed us that she wanted to watch the sunset again.  It only comes once a day, child. 

Anyway, I thought I'd give you a little glimpse into our beautiful sunset!

We're just getting started!

My heart is melting.






They found the moon!


Now that the sun's down, the clouds are starting to get some color.




We had a great time enjoying God's artwork!  As I sat here typing this, I realized that as a result of the icky humidity, we were able to enjoy a beautiful sunset in the same way that through our trials, we're able to more fully enjoy God's grace and love. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! We get amazing sunsets here in Tucson, too. I loved the analogy, too. Liz