
James and I were blessed to be able to go on a mini vacation last weekend. It was our first vacation in over two years, so we were REALLY looking forward to it. It was also our first time away from Hannah, which wasn't really as hard as I thought it would be. It actually worked out really well for us. Keanna's birthday party was last Saturday (and also happened to be my Mom's birthday), so we surprised Keanna by showing up at her party (I love surprises like that!), then James and I left Hannah with my parents and went to Monterey. It was a wonderful time for us to spend time together without the distraction of work, home, Hannah, etc. Did I say it was wonderful? The last year-and-a-half has been a very busy and stressful season for our family, so we were excited to be able to get away. And I think Hannah had fun on her little "vacation," as well. She had a blast playing with all the fun toys at Mama and Bapa's house, and playing with her cousins. She LOVES other kids, and I'm sure she's going to have the time of her life playing with all her Pichura cousins this summer! :) Anyway, here are some pictures from our trip.

Hannah got a very special treat at Keanna's birthday party - ice cream!!!

The Lone Cypress on the 17 Mile Drive.

We went back to where James proposed to me almost 5 years ago! Spanish Bay along the 17 Mile Drive.


James in Carmel, with Pebble Beach behind him.

I saw this in a restaurant, and figured all members of the Parker family were represented here. Moxie for Dave and the Red Sox for everyone else. :) James agreed!

Monterey is gorgeous!!

We went black light mini golfing.

We went to Dennis the Menace Park, which was super fun! We got to be little kids again! :) And since we went at night, there was no one there!

James on a climbing wall at the park.
Now that we've had our relaxing vacation, we're ready for the crazy (in a good way, of course!) family vacation next month! :)
4 comments:
So glad you were able to get away!! Looks absolutely gorgeous!! And that Moxie sign is great-- David actually has that exact one, but it's still packed up in a box somewhere! :)
Looking forward to seeing you next month!
Looks like so much fun. I am so glad you guys were able to get away. Maybe sometime in the fall we could watch Hannah for a weekend and you could get away somewhere local and not have to wait to do it every two years?? See you on Sunday!!
Good to finally catch up and see a little about your trip. Bryan and I had a little "getaway" at Carmel several years ago...and it is still my favorite memory with him!
Post a Comment