Yes, this week has been an eventful one, to say the least. So, here's the scoop:
The week started out as any normal week would. Monday morning we got up earlier than we wanted and went to work. Still normal. Nothing out of the ordinary. Tuesday, we drove down to Anaheim for a baseball game. Now, this isn't our normal routine, but we knew this one was coming. Boston was in town and it was, at times, hard to tell whether we were in Boston or Anaheim. Where we were sitting seemed to have more Boston fans than Angels fans. Unfortunately, Boston played sloppy and lost. So, it wasn't as eventful as it could have been, but it was still fun. I would post pictures, but my camera battery is dead, so hopefully I'll be able to add them at a later date.
Wednesday, just a normal day. We went to bed Wednesday night...everything's normal. So we thought....
At about 1:00 am Thursday morning, I was awaken by the feeling of the bed and the whole house shaking. Yes, it was an earthquake and while it was small, it was an earthquake nonetheless. It was only about a 4.5, but it's still the largest one we've had in a long time. http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=local&id=5553684
Thursday goes on a normal and Friday starts out like any other Friday. I (Kimiko) went to work and was working for a couple hours, when all of the sudden, I heard a large crowd and looked up to see everyone heading towards the stairs. It was then that my supervisor came over to us and told us we needed to evacuate "right now." So, we grabbed our things and headed for the jam-packed stairs. Once outside, we waited, they moved us one place, then moved us back, then moved us somewhere else. In other words, we had no idea where we were supposed to be. Finally, after waiting for about an hour in the hot sun, they told us we could go across the street to a shopping center for an hour. We ended up having to be out of the building for about 2 hours while they made sure our building had no bombs. Yes, it's an exciting time working for a big corporation. This is the 2nd time I've had to evacuate since I've been there these past 9 months. Anyway, it ended up that we were safe and there was nothing to worry about. http://www.dailynews.com/santaclarita/ci_6593028
So now it's Friday night and we'll see what's in store for the rest of the week!
2 comments:
Your mom just sent me your blog!! I like it!! You think 400 sf is small? Try living in a 23' X 8' house on wheels with a puppy!! :) Hah! I hope that this week is, umm, less bomb threat filled?!
Hi James and Kimiko;
Miss you both. Had a good time in Oregon. Sorry to hear about your new car. Love You Gram
Post a Comment