Well, despite my wishes to keep her little forever, Hannah is growing up so fast!!! She has recently hit some pretty big developmental milestones, and it is so fun to watch her learn and grow!
Hannah has always been an excellent napper - until recently. It seems that ever since James has been off work, she hasn't been napping very well (although she's still sleeping great at night, for which I'm thankful!). At first I thought it was just the change in her routine (ie having daddy home) that caused this napping dilemma, and it very well may be part of it. However, when we were in Northern California, we took Hannah to a pediatrician up there for her 6 month check-up. First of all, the pediatrician up there (my sister uses him and recommended him) was EXCELLENT! He was very thorough and made me realize just how much our pediatrician down here wasn't doing (I changed pediatricians the minute we got home. We'll see if it's a good choice in 3 months!). Anyway, he said that some babies don't sleep as well as they normally do before reaching developmental milestones. Hmmm...that's interesting. Well, it turns out that this may also be the answer to our very sleepy, but not napping baby! When we got back from my parents' house, it seems that sitting all by herself just clicked for Hannah! She is a pro at it (almost!) and can sit for a very long time before tipping over or getting fussy! She is even able to reach for toys without toppling over!
Another thing she started doing when we got home is rolling from her back to her tummy. Note that she has always HATED tummy time, so this was quite an accomplishment! In fact, I went in to check on her before I went to bed the other night and she was sleeping soundly on her TUMMY! When she's playing on the floor, she usually ends up on her belly now and doesn't seem to mind it too much. I think she's realizing that in order to get anywhere, she's going to have to do it from the belly position. I think the next step for her will be crawling, which will make my job much more difficult, but so much fun, too! :) She's STILL not sleeping very well, so that crawling thing may be closer than I think - or she's just being stubborn. In fact, as I sit here typing this, she is in her crib whining instead of napping. I know she's tired by her cry and the fact that she's rubbing her eyes so much. Oh, and I think her bald spot is finally starting to fade, since she's not on her back all the time anymore! :)
Just thought you all might like a little update on the littlest Parker, especially for all you family members who live so far away. We miss you and wish you could all be here to witness these fun milestones in her life!
6 comments:
Thank you soooo much for painting such wonderful word-pictures where I can "see" her doing all of the things you so artfully describe!! I sure do miss that precious little bundle of joy!! Tell her how much I love her and send her tummy tickles and lots of smooches!!
While I am very excited to hear what she is doing...I am going to have to let her know that she should have started doing it a couple days earlier when we got to see her! :) I'll take it up with Hannah next time I see her :)
Kamiko, what is the name of the Dr. your sister uses? I'm wondering if it's the same one my sister just heard about and switched to. She had him reccomended to her, he's over in the Antioch area... It's funny what you said about your hubby being off and feeling you're not getting much done...It seems like it should be the opposite, but I too have a problem staying on task when my hubby's off, I think it's because we as wives feel that we need to make sure they are entertained and taken care of...I used to think I could get more done when he was home (to help with the kids etc) but I find that I ususally get less done and more to catch up on...Hmmmm :)
Hi its wendys sister Crystal!I was woundering if the Dr you seen was Dr.Jamie Garcia because if it was he is a awsome Dr! you know he worked at Childrens hospital in Oakland in the GI department for 15 years and then decided to open his own practice.I really wish I had switched along time ago for Lillie and my other 2 children!I actually told Wendy when she gets her new little ones that she should take them to him.thank you for your blog post I actually get out of my daily doings to when my husband is off as well lol.
The doctor we saw was Dr. Ng in Antioch. We have Kaiser, so are limited as to which doctors we can see (ie they have to be in the Kaiser system, which isn't always fun). Anyway, he is truly excellent! Now if I can just get him to come down to the Santa Clarita offices, we'll be in business! :)
Aww okay!thank you!!
Post a Comment