Wednesday, July 29, 2009

A Special Treat for You!

Well, I periodically share what new developmental steps Hannah is taking, but I decided this time, it might be nice for you to be able to see for yourselves. I don't normally post pictures or videos on my blog, so here's a special treat for you!

As you can see, her language is starting to develop. She can say "Dada," "Uh-oh," "Bapa" (which is my Dad), and "Up." Of course, she doesn't always say them when prompted, but usually just when she wants to. :) Oh, and that little ducky she's playing with is just about her favorite toy (just ask Aunt Kimmy!).

She's also beginning to show signs of preference, which can particularly be seen in the area of food. I have found that if I give her noodles and kidney beans at the same time, she will eat all of the kidney beans, leaving all of the noodles on her tray, then ask for more. So now, if she's going to be getting noodles, she gets them before she gets (or even sees) any other type of food.

As you can tell from the video, she has thinned out a little. She's still "squishy," as someone from church described her the other day, but she just doesn't have quite as much chub.

Our little ducky!

Standing up (she doesn't need much to pull herself up; just a wall for balance).

Simply cute! :)

5 comments:

The Pichura Family said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! It was a real treat to watch my sweet niece and see the pictures...can't wait to show the kids tomorrow!

I'll be honest, Kimiko, I see a lot of James in her! :)

Wish we lived closer and could visit...miss you guys so very much!

I just might need to enlist your help on getting a video onto my blog...I just can't figure it out!

Love you!!!

Kimiko said...

Kristin,
Yes, she is definitely a PARKER! The older she gets, the more and more I see it. We're curious to see if her little cousin is more of a Parker or a Johnson. Maybe Hannah and Linnea will end up looking like siblings - who knows! :) We miss you guys, too. It was great to see all your camping pictures. Looks like it was a lot of fun!

Sandy said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you, as well for the adorable video and photos!!! I can't WAIT to "squish" her!!! :)(It's funny that you mentioned her losing some of her baby fat 'cause that is exactly what I thought when I saw her!)

I had to laugh when I read Kristin's comment about seeing a lot of James in Hannah! That is exactly what I thought when I saw the "ducky" photo! You and I couldn't see any of James in her when we looked at James' baby pictures at Christmas, but when I saw the "ducky" photo, I thought, "Oh, my ! That is a James look!"

Thank you, dear, for the big treats!!

Counting down the days until I see you all! Love you,
Mom P.

Fenway Park "er" said...

I miss not being able to see my granddaughter. Thanks Kimiko for sharing the video! I was thriled to be able to see and hear Hannah's sounds. Now, if you can just teach her to say "Papa." Thanks for the post!

Papa!

Kimiko said...

Actually, we have had success in getting her to say "Papa"! That's one of the benefits of having an easy name! Now we'll just have to work on getting her to associate it with you, which will be difficult, considering you're not here. Maybe that will be a project for November! :)