Friday, October 30, 2009

Bargain Grocery Shopping

So I've really gotten into bargain and coupon grocery shopping recently. I've been using coupons (here and there) pretty much since we got married over 3 years ago, but I guess you can say I've become a coupon psychopath as of late. :) I even have a coupon binder chock full of hundreds of coupons. Anyway, I've decided to try The Grocery Game to see how it is. I've heard some good things about it, and since they offer a month free, I figured there's nothing to lose. I've only been using it a couple of days, but so far I haven't found anything special about it that I can't get for free from other websites. We'll see if I find out what's so great about it in the next few weeks to see if it might actually be worth paying for. So far, I'm not convinced, but only time will tell. After testing it out, I'll let you all know what I've determined. :)

5 comments:

The Pichura Family said...

I am all ears dear sister-in-law! :)

Jen in SLO said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen in SLO said...

I have a coupon binder, too. I decorated it with scrapbook paper and made it all cute. :p I even joined a coupon train at one point. It's an addiction :)

I loved the Grocery Game list when I first started coupon shopping because I had always wanted to be one of those people that got carts full of stuff for free, but I couldn't figure out how to do it.

The GG basically did it for me - held my hand, so to speak, in the first year as I figured it out. Then I did cancel my subscription because the info is out there on couponmom.com or afullcup.com or other sites.

I recently resubscribed because, for me working full time, the GG is worth the $1.25/week to have all the work done for me and in one spot where I just click and print. I also like that it puts a "star" next to items that have been on the list in previous weeks, which reminds me that I might not still have that coupon because I used it before.

I'm interested to read how you like it! If you already know how to do it and have the time and want to take the time, it might not be worth it.

For His Glory said...

I'll be checking in too!!

Michelle P said...

I'll be interested to hear how it goes...and I think you should post a picture of your coupon binder. I'm curious! :)