Monday, October 5, 2009

Life With a One-Year Old is Anything But Boring!

It seems that everyday brings something new with little Hannah. She definitely keeps me on my toes! Today I caught her playing with some raw chicken pieces that I had thrown in the garbage. Thankfully I caught her right away, so she didn't have any time to eat any of it or stick her icky hands in her mouth. Nevertheless, I'm a bit of a foodborne pathogen freak, so this really grossed me out! You better believe that we scrubbed her hands well with soap and warm water!

On an unrelated note, I saw her munching away on something, so I stuck my fingers in her mouth to fish around for whatever she was chewing on. I didn't find anything, but I did discover that she has two little molars in her mouth! I knew she was getting some teeth in the front, but I had no idea she was working on some molars, too! That brings her tooth count to seven, which is pretty incredible, considering that a month ago, she only had two! She's been working hard to push out all of these teeth!

Also, Hannah has recently developed an utter fear of the vacuum. One day while vacuuming, I looked down to find Hannah screaming her little head off and shaking. Poor thing! I can't even pull the vacuum out of the closet without her losing it - it doesn't even have to be turned on for her to get scared. This is something we're going to have to work on. In the time being, however, I have resorted to vacuuming while Hannah's in her highchair, occupied with food. And even then, I have to look at her and smile at her when I turn it on, so that she knows it's okay. Hopefully she gets over this fear quickly. :)

James had the privilege of going to our church's men's retreat this past weekend. I'm glad he was able to go and have fun, but it sure is nice to have him back home! I am so proud of my husband for all the work he's putting into learning his new job. It hasn't been an easy path for him, but I'm so proud of his attitude through it and his diligence in learning. He's amazing and I thank God that He brought him into my life!

Last post I mentioned that I was doing a new running program. Well, I made it through the first two weeks and the first day of the third week before the treadmill decided to give up. So, I'm quite bummed that I've not been able to run for the past week. :( Tonight I told James that I start to eat more junk when I don't exercise, so it's a double whammy! I guess I'll just have to figure out something else in the meantime.

So, that's about it for now. Here are some pictures of the little cutie for your viewing enjoyment!

The cashiers like to give balloons to Hannah when we go to the grocery store now. Usually she just gets the regular latex balloons, but on this particular day, she got a mylar balloon that was bigger than her!

Check out my cool monkey bib!

Hannah often puts her face into this toy and talks/squeals/giggles/yells into it. She also does that with cups and basically anything that will sound funny when she talks into it.

What? You mean this isn't for me to climb on?

Hannah takes after her daddy. This is where he sits when he reads his books.

Just cute!


This is how Hannah crawled for about a week. We couldn't figure out what she was doing. Maybe she was trying to figure out how her legs worked - we really have no idea! Anyway, we would often hear a thud when she was crawling around and it would be her running into a wall, or a door, or furniture. I guess that's what happens when you're not watching where you're going! She has given up this silly habit of crawling while looking at her legs, only to be replaced by her rolling around the floor, giggling. Like I said, life with a one-year-old is anything but boring! I LOVE IT!

2 comments:

The Pichura Family said...

Hannah isn't the only one giggling...I busted up laughing watching her crawl with her head down! Then I got all teary seeing how much I am missing...Kimiko, my dear little niece is precious!!!!! Thank you so much for taking the time to keep us updated...it blesses my heart more than you'll know!!!

Love you all dear Parker Family!!!

Beth said...

So funny, it completed the visual after you told me about her doing this yesterday. So funny! She's such a cutie and my favorite 13-month old to play with :)