Monday, October 26, 2009

Great Deal on Ziploc Bags!!!

***EDIT: I was mistaken about Food4Less. I was there this week and they DO have catalinas, so this might even work there. The only thing to consider is the fact that they don't double coupons like Ralphs does, so it may not be quite as good of a deal, depending on their price for Ziplocs.***

I read about a great deal on Ziploc bags at Kroger stores here. There is the potential to not only get FREE Ziploc bags, but also to actually make money on them! I've noticed that Southern California's prices are almost always higher than the rest of the country, but I was still able to make a little extra money out of the deal. :) According to the website I got this idea from, the bags cost anywhere from $1.84-$2.19. Ralphs (our Kroger affiliate) had them on sale for $2.50. So I grabbed three boxes for a total of $7.50, used a coupon for $1.50 off 2 and another coupon for $0.40 off 1 (which doubled to $0.80 off). With the coupons, I only spent $5.20 (plus tax) out of pocket, but will submit an SC Johnson rebate for $5, making them only $0.20 total for 3 boxes of Ziplocs!!! On top of that, when you buy Ziplocs at Ralphs, you get a coupon at the register for $2 off your next purchase!!! So, in all reality, I actually got paid $1.80 to buy 150 Ziploc bags! Can't beat that! By the way, if you don't have the coupons, you can go here to print one. This is even a great deal without coupons. If I didn't have the coupons, after the rebate and $2.00 catalina (coupon that prints at the register), it still would have only been $0.50 for 3 boxes of Ziplocs.

On a side note, I don't think this would work at Kroger discount stores, such as Food4Less, since they don't have catalinas. :(

4 comments:

Jen in SLO said...

I didn't know you had a blog. :) Thanks for the tip! I like better than free!

The Pichura Family said...

Very cool! Kimiko...what website did you use to find out about that deal?

For His Glory said...

Wow...Look at you go girl! Thank you so much for your ideas...I had actually forgot about the vineger and water...Also I heard newspaper to wipe with (saving on paper towel use)...I'm actually really excited, I'm going to Rite Aid tomorrow and there are some awesome deals I'm looking forward to...I'm sure you have already heard of the website print.coupon.com?? I have been on a printing frenzy :) I have two coupon that if I transfer two prescriptions to Rite Aid you get a $50 gift card...So I'm transferring my older two's prescription for flouride...then I found a coupon for $3.00 off your bill of $15 or more...Plus all the sale ads I've marked out there with my online coupons!! And the Contra Costa times is what I just subscribed to, but I paid $20, so I'd love to know how your sis got it for free, that would be sweet!

PS I can Not believe how much your little girl resembles the Parker side! She's precious :)

Kimiko said...

Kristin, I read about it on moneysavingmom.com.

Wendy, yeah, we looked into the RiteAid coupons for transferring prescriptions as well!! It's a great deal if you have a generic prescription! I'll talk to my sister about the Sunday coupon deal and get back to you. And, yes, Hannah is just about 100% Parker. There MUST be some Fujita in her SOMEWHERE!!! :)