Christmas morning, we headed over to my sister's house for our traditional Christmas breakfast (err...I mean lunch), complete with homemade cinnamon rolls (mmmmm!), potatoes o'brien, bacon, and frittata.
After breakfast, we opened presents, which took a long time! When you have three babies, each with a lot of presents, it takes a little bit longer than it normally would, but it was a lot of fun to watch the babies! For dinner (I feel like all I did was eat!), we decided to forgo the standard turkey or ham and went with prime rib. It was delicious, and we had it with homemade garlic mashed potatoes, roasted winter veggies (which is one of my new favorite sides!!!), and rolls.
The rest of our time was just spent hanging out with family and relaxing. James and I even got to go on a date, since there were plenty of babysitters! :) We had a great time, but the vacation fun had to come to an end, and we came home yesterday. So today, it's back to reality with piles of dirty laundry, new toys that need to be put away, meals to make, dishes to clean, work for James, etc., etc. :) We are thankful for the time that we were able to get away and celebrate Jesus's birthday!!!
Our little Christmas bunny.
Keanna made her annual trip to the dollar store to do her Christmas shopping. She must know Uncle James well, because she got him two decks of playing cards!
Opening her "big" present from Daddy and Mommy. It's a...
vacuum cleaner!!! Since Hannah is terrified of the real vacuum, we decided to ease her into the world of vacuums with a toy one!
However, her favorite toys were the ones we got at the 99 cent store - kitchen utensils. Here, she's basting my sister's house with her new basting brush!
Robbie's parents brought a piano down for my sister's family, and the babies wasted no time testing it out.
And today Hannah was busy working on her thank you notes!
I guess Hannah wanted to add something, because while I wasn't looking, she wrote this: ]\[
nnnn\\
;;;;;//;;
1 comment:
So sorry that your back has gone out...are you okay?!!!
Loved the update...and I loved the picture of the three little ones at the piano! :)
Post a Comment