- Closing anything that is open (cabinets, doors, drawers, the fridge when we're trying to get something out. James said we should get her a Papelbon jersey, since she's our "closer" - haha... yeah, it's Parker humor.)
- *Trying* to play with fruit (when she sees oranges or grapefruits, she yells, "Ball" and tries to get it, so she can throw it around the house). I say "trying" because we don't let her.
- Brushing her teeth
- Purses
- Shoes (and the sound they make on hard floors)
- Plants (we took her to the zoo, and she was more interested in touching all the plants than looking at the animals. Same on our walks - she loves to touch all the plants.)
- Other kids (she LOVED the time she spent with her cousins at Easter, and I can't wait for her to get to play with her Pichura cousins!)
- Having clean hands (if there is even the smallest piece of fuzz on her hands, she comes up to me, whining to get it off.)
- Knocking on doors (I've had to stop her from knocking on our neighbor's door)
- Reading books aloud (and upside down)
- Being outside (I've learned to be careful about using the word "walk" around our house. When she hears it, her face lights up, and she runs to get her shoes. This word is now only to be used when we're actually going to go for a walk.)
- The blanket from Papa and Grandma
- Her stuffed mouse, followed by any stuffed animal
- Mirrors
- The vacuum cleaner
- Getting water in her face (you should have seen her reaction when we put all four of the Fujita grandkids in the bathtub and one of the boys thought it would be fun to dump a cup of water over Hannah's head. Yeah. Let's just say I've never seen her so anxious to get out of the tub.)
- That's pretty much it. Can't think of anything else. This girl is a pretty happy girl.
Since most of you probably don't speak Hannahese, here's a translation:
"Knock, knock. Something even Mommy can't understand. Door. Something Mommy can't understand."
Then comes the stomping of the foot. These shoes are WAY to big for her, but she found them (or, one of the them) and put it on herself (on the wrong foot, of course) and proceeded to walk around, stomping on the hard floors, because she likes the sound. I can't blame her, because I remember liking the sound of my shoes clicking on the ground when I was a little girl, too. Am I the only one, or is that a "normal" little girl thing?
1 comment:
Man...I can't wait to see that girl! :) And, of course, you too my dear sister in law!!! :)
Post a Comment