One other thing she noticed were Hannah's hands. She only has one line/crease that goes all the way across her hands. Most people have two lines going across their hands, but neither line goes all the way across. She said having one line go all the way across is common among people with Down's Syndrome (which we know she doesn't have, by the way). She said it may be linked to the chromosomal translocation that she (and James) has, and was going to check with the geneticist. It's not anything to be concerned about, just interesting. Anyway, once she pointed this out, we were curious as to whether anyone else in the family had only one line going across their hands, so we called James on our way home from the doctor. Sure enough, on both of his hands, he only has one line going across. My parents, my sister, and I all have two lines on both hands. So now we're wondering - all you Parkers (including Pichura kids) need to check your hands and see how many lines you have! :) We checked Kim and she has two. So, how many do you have?
Tuesday, March 23, 2010
How Many Lines Do YOU Have?
One other thing she noticed were Hannah's hands. She only has one line/crease that goes all the way across her hands. Most people have two lines going across their hands, but neither line goes all the way across. She said having one line go all the way across is common among people with Down's Syndrome (which we know she doesn't have, by the way). She said it may be linked to the chromosomal translocation that she (and James) has, and was going to check with the geneticist. It's not anything to be concerned about, just interesting. Anyway, once she pointed this out, we were curious as to whether anyone else in the family had only one line going across their hands, so we called James on our way home from the doctor. Sure enough, on both of his hands, he only has one line going across. My parents, my sister, and I all have two lines on both hands. So now we're wondering - all you Parkers (including Pichura kids) need to check your hands and see how many lines you have! :) We checked Kim and she has two. So, how many do you have?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
The results are in..and James and I are not common in this regard!:) I have two overlapping lines...but I'll check my kiddos in the morning...they are asleep. As soon as I read it, I wondered if I would be like Hannah and James since I have the translocation...but I get to be "normal" on this one..whatever normal is! :P
Praising the Lord that the appt. went well!
So glad everything went well and that there was no concern. that is so funny about the lines, and I do have two!
It's two lines for all the Pichura kids as well!:) and Bryan!
Kristin, I'm actually really surprised that you and the kids all have two lines! You and James are so similar in everything else (and the chromosome translocation, as you mentioned), that I just figured at least ONE of you would have it! :) We can't wait to see you all in July; then we can compare hands in person! :)
Two lines for Paul - that was probably assumed
Post a Comment