We were blessed to have one of the elders from church babysit Hannah while we were at dinner. His wife was sick, so it was just him and Hannah. Hannah likes just about everyone she meets (almost...), but there are some people with whom she has a natural attachment. This man is one of those people. There have been a couple times she has seen him at church (she didn't really know him very well at the time), where she walked right up to him and put her arms up for him to pick her up. :) From what we heard, they had a lot of fun, and we are so thankful for his servant's heart in giving up a Friday night to come play with our little girl!
Let me just say that my husband cracks me up. I had let him know all week that I could get the wrapping paper for him to wrap my presents (I knew he had gotten me presents, because he had been asking me to update my Amazon wish list and make sure everything was properly prioritized :) and I was there when he ordered it and when the package came). Anyway, he never asked for the wrapping paper, but still managed to "wrap" my present. If I tried to explain it to you, you might not believe me, so I'll let you see for yourself:
And what was inside, er, underneath the wrapping paper:
Now for the second part of the title: My Husband's Winnings. Last night, some friends of ours hosted a Tripoley tournament. There were 24 people in the tournament, and the buy-in for the tournament was a $5 gift card. Well, my amazing, card-playing husband ended up getting first place and got to take home 12 of those gift cards!! That was very exciting, and now we have some date "money" for a while! :) I think some sort of tournament of this nature might be necessary for the Parker family vacation this summer!
And now for the part of the post that can be expected in just about any post I write: the Hannah part. She keeps us on our toes as to what she is going to do or say next. She now refers to her baby cousin, Linnea, as "Nay-nay" and it is absolutely adorable! Especially when she saw her at church this morning and ran up to her and said, "Nay-nay!!" unprompted. She's a polite little girl, saying "Teas" (please) when she wants something and "Tank you" (thank you) when you give her something. She is not polite on the phone when talking to Aunt Kristin, however. She definitely takes control of the conversation and doesn't let Aunt Kristin get a word in - at all! :) Hehe...
She has such an excitement for life that is contagious. Almost every morning is just as exciting as Christmas morning in her eyes. She gets so excited when she sees her toys in the morning and excitedly exclaims, "Oh wow! Wow!" It's as if she's never seen a toy in her life. Of course, her favorite toys are still not actually toys. For example:
...and...
3 comments:
So glad you had a nice birthday...not having to cook and clean up 2 meals sounds like a happy birthday to me! :)
And I'm in for the $5 giftcard game...what a fun idea!
Oh Kimiko...forgive me...HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!! I really do care though I am definitely failing with a big "F" in the remembering birthdays class. I am so glad you had a fun, food filled day!
And I was so tickled to hear that James won...what a neat little encouragement from God! Plus...that sounds like a great idea!
I pulled out Faith's photo album book and pictures of me when I was little...and I think you will be able to tell that I am her aunt and that Faith is her cousin...it's actually pretty crazy!:)
Love to you all!!! And thanks for the post!
Loved seeing the Red Sox shirt on her...and it really is true...Hannah did out talk me...I know, you all thought it was impossible...but she really did!:)
Love it kimiko! What a great post and amazing pictures. The "wrapping the gift" pic stole the pic of the week or maybe even month! He's such a looney, my brother. Love him for that. Can't wait to see you in the summer! And happy belated B-Day!!
Post a Comment