Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Parker Family Update - January 2012


Ok, so I feel so lame.  Every year I plan on writing a Christmas or New Year's letter to update everyone on what's happening with the Parkers.  And (almost) every year I don't write one.  :(  So, I've decided to just list some of the highlights of our past year here.  Sorry that it's quite informal, but here it is.

James started off the year as a mortgage officer for Bank of America, but was laid off at the end of March.  We went through 7 1/2 months of unemployment, which was really hard, but we learned to trust the Lord more during this time.  It was really encouraging and humbling to see the various ways that He provided for us through members of our church and other means.  In November, he started with a new company in inside sales for consumable medical supplies (i.e. hospital bracelets, labels, stickers, etc.).  He is excited about his job and is glad to be out of the banking industry!


Since James was home, we did a lot of hiking and made many trips to the beach over the summer.  That was one perk to the unemployment!  We discovered many beautiful and fun trails in our city and just enjoyed being in God's wonderful creation.


In September, our little baby turned 3.  I'm still in denial, which is why I still refer to her as "my little baby."  :)  She truly is a gift to us.  Her personality is so fun - she's animated, cheerful, determined, and goofy.  She keeps us entertained and we never know what to expect from her next!  I am trying to do preschool at home with her this year.  My goal was to have a formal preschool time each day, but with the busyness of life, that doesn't always happen, but we're still learning through everyday activities!

Faces like this aren't uncommon in our house.  She often goes into the bathroom to practice her silly faces and cracks up at herself.  She definitely didn't learn that from me!

In November, James and I enjoyed a cruise to Mexico as a belated 5th Anniversary trip!  We are very thankful to have gotten to go and had such a nice and relaxing time!  We are also thankful to Mama and Bapa, as well as Aunt Sumiko, who watcher our little munchkin for us while we were gone!




I continue to blog with my sister at Near to Nothing and I like to pull out the sewing machine whenever I can.  Other than that, I'm busy at home, taking care of James and Hannah as well as maintaining our home.  It's such a rewarding job and I love it!

No comments: