
Tomorrow is Mother's Day, which I'm anticipating will be a bittersweet day for me. While I will enjoy celebrating the joy that comes with motherhood, it will be another reminder of the children I don't and maybe never will have. However, as Wendy points out in her post (which I would encourage you all to read),
...understand that unfulfilled desire is a tool He uses to give you even better things – things of Himself that you cannot know in easy ways. Believe in confidence that this time of waiting is not just a holding pattern with no discernible value, but it too is a blessing, albeit in disguise, as it increases your strength to run and not grow weary and to walk and not to faint.This is something that I've had to preach to myself daily. God is not allowing this to happen because of any reason other than that He loves me. While the world may try to convince me otherwise, I know this to be true. I can be thankful for my trial because it forces and causes me to look to the gospel on more than a daily basis. Through the pain and tears, I'm able to have hope because I know that God loves me, is in sovereign control over my life, that He is doing what is best for me, and that there are far greater things (even greater than children) to come!
Ok, now on a completely unrelated note (but I wanted to let you all know), Starbucks is offering half-price frappuccinos during happy hour (between 3 and 5) until May 15! You can go here to get more info.
1 comment:
My sweet sister in law! Thanks for your transparency and honesty. I don't know what it is like to go through infertility...but, in your post, you shine the gospel...and that God IS enough....and it was a sweet blessing to my heart...YOU are a sweet blessing! So glad my brother gets to call you his wife!:)
Post a Comment