Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Hannah's Check-Up

Today was Hannah's 9-month check-up! She weighs 19 lbs, 3 oz. (not too far behind her cousins, who are 13 months old!!!) and is 2' 4.75". She is 58th percentile for weight, which is amazing, considering her oh-so-cute chubbiness! The REALLY surprising thing is that she's in the 87th percentile for height! Now, I'm assuming part of that is due to error in measurement, as measuring a baby isn't the easiest task, but the doctor did comment that she even LOOKS tall.

We also got the go-ahead to start finger foods!! I'm excited, yet scared at the same time! Excited because I can't wait to watch Hannah's reaction to the new foods, and scared because our dining room floor is carpet! Guess we'll be moving her high chair into the kitchen!

Right after her appointment, I had an appointment because I've been having back pain for almost a week now, which is hard to deal with when you've got a little one! Anyway, the doctor diagnosed it as a minor bulging disc. He gave me some exercises to strengthen that part of my back and said that it usually takes at least 4-6 weeks for the pain to go away - yikes!

On another note, Hannah got her first some-what major battle wound today. Her forehead met the leg of one of our dining room chairs. She now has a nice knot and bruise on her forehead - poor thing! I expect more of these occurrences as she continues to explore and gets more and more brave (she pulls herself up on furniture to stand and then lets go once she's standing - however, she doesn't quite have the balance for that yet, as demonstrated today!). After less than a minute of hard crying, she recovered, so we're all happy again!

1 comment:

The Pichura Family said...

A Parker in the upper 80th percentile for height? That has got to be unheard of...except for maybe David! :)

She just might beat up all her older cousins one day after all!!! :)