Saturday, June 20, 2009

Happy Father's Day!!!


This Father's Day is a very special one, as it is James' first official Father's Day. I understand that technically speaking, he was already a father last year, but this year is his first Father's Day with a child he can actually cuddle and hold! To celebrate, we went out to dinner. I know, Father's Day isn't until tomorrow, but to beat the crowds on Father's Day, Mother's Day, Valentine's Day, etc., we usually go out to eat on a day other than the actual day. Also, the In-N-Out truck will be at church tomorrow night, so he'll still be getting one of his favorite meals tomorrow!

The restaurant James chose: The Cheesecake Factory
The meal James chose: well, it's better if you just see it for yourself.

It has been such a joy to watch my husband become a daddy. He is so great with Hannah and she absolutely LOVES him! She giggles whenever she sees him and gives off a HUGE smile!!! In the picture at the beginning of this post, she crawled under his arm and stood up as close to him as she could! She had to get her daddy time in, since he's at work for much of her awake time. So cute!!! Moments like these just melt my mommy heart! There is nothing quite like watching the man that you love, love your kids - it is so precious! I am so thankful to God for the man that He has given me and for his relatively new role as Daddy!

2 comments:

Paul said...

I think Hannah is actually more interested in the new MAC than James is :-) at least by the picture that's what I gather. Love ya guys and hope to see you at some point! Can't wait for that day

The Pichura Family said...

That is a gianormous burger, James!!! How fun!
I love the picture of Hannah and James together too...her "chub" reminds me of Faith! :)

Happy Father's Day dear brother!