Sunday, June 7, 2009

Happy 3/4th Birthday!!!

Today our precious little Hannah turns 9-months-old!! It's hard to believe that we've had her for 9 months already - where does the time go?! She is such a blessing to James and me; more so than I ever thought possible! I thought since it's her "month day," I would give you all a little update on her and her development.

Last time I posted about Hannah, she had just been diagnosed with pneumonia. I'm happy to say that she is a healthy, happy little girl again! And we now know that she LOVES amoxicillin! It was like dessert for her! She would fuss when she finished each dose, because she wanted more. I guess I'd rather have that than have to try to force feed her!

Hannah now has TWO teeth!!! It was funny when she got the first one, because she wasn't used to having anything in her mouth, so it must have felt weird for her to all of the sudden have something in her mouth all of the time. She would play with her tooth with her tongue and lips and ended up making all sorts of very funny and cute faces!!!

She is starting to learn what freedom is and is busy exploring! She is SOOOO close to crawling! She gets up on her hands and knees and rocks, but hasn't figured out that she actually has to move her arms and legs in order to move her body! So, for now, she gets from point A to point B by rolling. She has, however, figured out how to get from laying on her belly to sitting up, so that makes for a happy baby when she's tired of laying down! On a related note, earlier this week she rolled over to the stereo and turned it on. It took James and I a while to figure out where the music was coming from! Guess it's time to get the baby fences out of the garage!

As far as language develepment goes, she started babbling consonants and vowel combinations about a month ago. It started with "bababa" and has expanded somewhat. She can now say, "Bapa," which is my dad, and "Mom," which melts my heart!!! I don't think she associates the correct people with those names, but it melts my heart nontheless!

She is such a happy little girl and keeps James and I laughing all of the time! We have enjoyed watching her grow and learn so far and are looking forward to each step in her life!!! We are praying that the Lord will draw her to Himself and that she will grow up to lead a life that honors and glorifies Him. We are so thankful that God chose to bless us with her and can't imagine what we would be doing now if we didn't have her (life definitely wouldn't be quite as exciting!). :)

Oh yes. Another new talent that she has, which I was just reminded of because she's doing it right now is what some of my friends have called the "vacuum superpower." She lets me know when it's time to vacuum (which lately has been about every other day in the living room) by picking things out of the carpet! Thankfully they haven't gone in the mouth yet, but she does like to pick them up and play with them. Silly baby! Her 9-month check-up is on Tuesday, so I'll give you all her new stats (she's so big now!) then.

3 comments:

The Pichura Family said...

It was so wonderful to read about my dear, precious niece and how God is growing her...but it also made me long to visit you guys and give her lots of lovn'...after she stopped crying because I scared her with my voice, of course!!!!
Love to you all!!!!!

Michelle P said...

Yeah! Happy 9 months! :) Thanks for the great word pictures of Hannah's growth! I echo Kristin in my wish to see you guys in person! We miss you lots!

Kimiko said...

We miss all of you up there in the Great Northwest, too!!! Don't you all want to take a California vacation??? :)